Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sorry I'm so behind on this guys - I'm sure you're all sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for something new (and also to fill in my previous recipes)

This one is quick so I'll fill you in:

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (edit: I'm changing the name to Cakies, no longer called cookies)
-
these cookies are supposed to be sort of cakey... but I haven't taken mine out of the oven yet so I'm not positive

1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cane sugar
1 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup applesauce
1 egg, beaten
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning (courtesy of Trader Joe's)

- Preheat oven t0 350 degrees F
- Mix all the wet ingredients (includes sugar) together first.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in.
- Spoon onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until ready (mine are still in the oven.. should check on it now).

awesomeness (I hope)

They were pretty awesome, and I put them into a ziploc bag after they got to room temperature so they stayed moist for a couple days. These don't last very long though!

No comments: