Monday, November 3, 2008

Maple-Cinnamon cookies

It was a Sunday night, and I was craving cookies. I couldn't fall back onto my usual oatmeal chocolate-chip because I didn't have any chocolate chips in the house!! Man, what a disaster. I really need to keep more of those in stock.

Anyway, I came up with this awesome recipe instead because I was desperate:

Maple-Cinnamon Cookies (makes 14)

1 3/4 cup real maple syrup
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup butter (I'll find substitutes for this in the future... I just wanted to the cookies to be good)
1/3 cup flax-seed meal
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour

- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in this order: Beat the egg, add the syrup, sugars, butter, flax-seed, cinnamon, ginger, salt, flour.
- Place drops of cookies on a baking sheet at least 2 inches apart (these cookies spread out) and place them on the highest level in the oven to prevent the bottoms from burning.
- Cook for 10 minutes.

No comments: